Legal advice on wills and estates in Adelaide

ORB Lawyers can assist clients with all matters relating to wills and estates in the Adelaide area, including handling powers of attorney and advance care directives. Our solicitors have worked on many different cases over the years and offer a reliable and highly skilled set of services that will ultimately make the process less stressful for you.

Making a will

Anyone can make a will, and it gives extra peace of mind and a sense of security to many people to know that their loved ones will be taken care of when they pass. Without a will, assets don’t necessarily go to family members, so it makes sense to draft a will ahead of time to ensure that the right people benefit from whatever you leave behind.
If a will isn’t made, then your estate will be distributed according to a fixed formula determined by the government.

A will deals with

  • All of the estate
  • All possessions after the testator (the will-maker) has passed
At ORB Lawyers, we can help you make a will that will set out how your estate and assets are to be divided, and who will administer your estate. It will also include the name of a guardian for your underage children as required.

Enduring power of attorney 

This document is a legally binding agreement that nominates someone else to make decisions on your behalf, should you become ill or mentally or physically incapacitated in any way. This person will have the authority to handle all of your financial affairs, such as accessing bank accounts, paying mortgages, and dealing with privacy issues.

Advance care directive 

This legal document can be drafted to ensure that, should you become ill in the future, a nominated person can act on your behalf to make decisions about your medical care. This includes making decisions about resuscitation measures and life support. An enduring guardian will have the authority to carry out your wishes on your behalf if you suffer from a long-term condition or if you suffer from dementia.

Contesting wills and inheritance claims

If you want to contest a will for any reason, then our lawyers can assist with this. You may wish to contest a will or put in a claim for inheritance if you feel a friend or family member has failed to include you in their will, or if you believe that you have been left with an insufficient share.

Call us today on 08 8384 3430
for more information about our wills and estates services in Adelaide.

Share by: